ABOUT CENTRAL RESEARCH FACILITIES (CRF)
A Central Research Facility at Indian School of Mines (ISM) will be a Centre of national importance at which the high-quality equipment with cutting edge technologies concentrated at a single location which will provide scientific and technical services for researchers. Such a facility is an important tool for strengthening the research-relevant infrastructure of science and, consequently, represents a key prerequisite for preserving and raising the efficiency of research. Sophisticated analytical instruments are vital for pursuing research in all areas of modern science and technology.
OBJECTIVES OF CRF
• To establish state-of- the-art research facilities and instruments to support advanced research under one umbrella;
• To support and promote inter- and multi- disciplinary research in contemporary and frontier areas;
• To enable Faculty members and research scholars of I.S.M to get the facilities of most advanced instruments without the need of going to outside Institutions as is the case at present.
• To establish supporting facilities (e.g. Double Distilled Water Plant, Milli-Pore and Milli-Q water Plant, Liquid Nitrogen Plant etc. ) for smooth running of instruments.
In addition to the main objectives as given above the Centre will also carry out following other activities:
• Organizing short term courses/workshops on the use and application of various instruments and analytical techniques;
• Impart training to technicians for maintenance and operation of sophisticated instruments;
• Acquiring and developing capability for preventive maintenance and repair of sophisticated instruments; and
• Generating institutional fund by providing these facilities to the users.
1. Details of Bohlin Gemini Rheometer Click here for details
Forms , Rules and Rates of Bohlin Gemini Rheometer Click here for details
2. FE-SEM Supra 55 (Germany)with Air Lock, EDS, EBSD in CRF, ISM Click here for details
Indent form & Rules for FE-SEM Click here for details
3. UV-VIS-NIR Spectrophotometer in CRF, ISM Click here for details
Indent form & Rules for UV-VIS-NIR Spectrophotometer Click here for details
4. THE FIFTH GENERATION ELECTRON PROBE MICRO ANALYSER SX FIVE from CAMECA (France) in CRF, ISM Click here for details, Indent form & Rules
5. Scanning Probe Microscope (SPM)/ Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM)
[Dimension Icon and MultiMode-8, Bruker]: (i) Atomic Force Microscope
(AFM), (ii) Scanning Tunneling Microscope (STM), (iii) Lateral Force
Microscope (LFM) or Frictional Force Microscope (FFM), (iv) Magnetic Force
Microscope (MFM), (v) Electric Force Microscope (EFM), (vi)
Nanoindentation. Click here for Requisition form and Information